- This event has passed.
Oklahoma History Conference, Hard Rock Hotel
April 26–April 28
John and Roberta Carey
Join the Oklahoma Historical Society for the 2017 Oklahoma History Conference at the Hard Rock Hotel in Catoosa. The theme for this year’s conference is “Tall Tales and Blue Whales: The Cultural Influence of Northeastern Oklahoma.”
The 2017 conference will feature many optional activities:
- A Wednesday evening concert at the historic Cain’s Ballroom featuring Oklahoma native Ernie Fields, who has put bands together for The Voice, American Idol, and a number of national awards shows.
- Sixteen presentation sessions on a wide range of topics pertaining to the theme.
- The Annual Conference Luncheon with Cherokee Chief Bill John Baker, Chickasaw Governor Bill Anoatubby, and Creek Chief James Floyd.
- A bus tour to the Port of Catoosa.
- A bus tour of Route 66 including stops at the Blue Whale, the Foyil Totem Pole Park, the Claremore Historical Society Museum, and the Will Rogers Birthplace Ranch.
- A dinner and program at the Will Rogers Memorial on Thursday evening.
- The Annual Awards Luncheon on Friday, including the induction of new members into the Oklahoma Historians Hall of Fame and the distribution of other awards.
- A plenary session featuring Nora Guthrie and Carolyn Wills, the daughters of Woody Guthrie and Bob Wills.