History of OHS
The Oklahoma Historical Society was founded in 1893 by members of the Oklahoma Territory Press Association. In 1918 OHS was relocated to the State Capitol, and in 1930 moved to the Wiley Post building. Over the years OHS has developed numerous collections and programs and now has 35 museums and historic sites statewide.
In 2005 came the opening of the Oklahoma History Center, with world-class museum exhibits and a state of the art Research Center.
To learn more about the history of the Oklahoma Historical Society, see "Battle Cry for History: The First Century of the Oklahoma Historical Society" by OHS Executive Director Dr. Bob L. Blackburn.