Public Relations and Marketing Internship Fall 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
For Immediate Release
Oklahoma Civil War Sesquicentennial Task Force
Oklahoma Historical Society – State of Oklahoma
Office Location: Enid, OK
The Oklahoma Civil War Sesquicentennial Task Force (OKCW150) of the Oklahoma Historical Society has an opening for a Public Relations intern at their Enid, OK office. Intern will have the opportunity to gain real-world experience in promoting a non-profit organization on a state and national level. Internship is unpaid, but will work with sponsoring university for applicable college credit. Work schedule will be arranged on an individual basis. Visit www.okcivilwar.org for more information on OKCW150.
- Preferred Junior or Senior pursuing bachelor's degree in marketing, public relations, mass communications, journalism or related field. Recent graduates may also apply.
- Strong writing skills with AP style
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to work a minimum of 12 hours per week.
- Write basic press release, media alerts and magazine copy, social media updates.
- Assist as needed with entry level PR tasks.
- Proofread and fact check copy.
- Monitor media reports.
- Assist in Merchandise catalogue development
- Assist with special events in a variety of capacities.
- Help with administrative work as needed. ie. Filling, copies, phones.
- Arrive on time, dressed professionally for your scheduled shift.
- Maintain a clean organized workspace.
To apply for an internship, please submit cover letter and resume by September 1, 2011 to email@example.com or for more information contact Cody Jolliff at (580)237-1907x227