Foreman, located about fifteen miles north of Spiro, was on the Missouri Pacific Railroad in Sequoyah County in the Cherokee Nation. Zack Foreman, a local merchant and Freedman, founded the town in 1890. The community had a post office from 1898 until 1936. In the early 1930s the public school included junior high courses, had an industrial room, and a four-room teacherage built by the help of the Julius Rosenwald fund. The school had its own light plant and was situated on ten acres of the Needmore Hill, where agricultural problems were demonstrated. The settlement supported three churches and a Masonic lodge. Zack Foreman operated a 3,000-acre farm and was one of the largest cattle raisers in the county.
Gibson Station was named for nearby Ft. Gibson and is located in southeastern Wagoner County. The town's existence can be traced to 1870, when it was a 'vicious little tent town, a rail construction camp, where the scum of the frontier collected,' as Angie Debo described it in The Road to Disappearance. The community had a post office from 1872 until 1933. In 1879, the postmaster was R.E. Reaser.
Lewisville was located in Haskell County about eight miles east of Kinta on a branch of Beaver Creek. The community had a post office from 1906 until 1915. The town was named after Calvin H. Lewis, first postmaster. The Clearview Patriarch, in 1911, reported, 'the establishment of a Baptist College somewhere in Oklahoma has been under discussion for some time. It has been decided to establish such an institution at Lewisville, Oklahoma.'
Mabelle, located five miles south of Vian, had a post office from 1907 until 1915. The town was named for Mabelle Mitchell, daughter of Ed Mitchell, well-known local African American resident. This settlement was formerly known as Santown. An interview in the Indian-Pioneer papers, conducted in the 1930s, a gentleman said that Sandtown was a Creek-African American town in the late 1800s. A petition to the Office of Indian Affairs in 1907 asks for a Cherokee homestead allotment be unrestricted for town site purposes to join the Sandtown town site, this is in the same Township and Range as Mabelle. The original town was in the Cherokee Nation.
Melvin was located in Cherokee County, eleven miles west of Tahlequah. It had a post office from 1894 until 1919. In 1904, the town had a gin, post office, several stores, and was situated on the Frisco Railway.
Wybark, in northern Muskogee County, four miles north of Muskogee, had a post office from 1890 until 1940. The community was located at the juncture of the Missouri, Kansas, and Texas, and Missouri, Kansas, and Oklahoma railway lines. The name is a modification of Verdark, the railroad name for the town, which came from the names of the Verdigris and Arkansas rivers. William Lamb was its first postmaster. In 1904 the Daily Oklahoman reported, 'A white man is not allowed to stop there after sunset and the Negroes have everything their own way.