Oklahoma History Center
North Indian Territory

Rentie had its own post office from 1904 until 1909. It was named for Stephen Rentie, town site owner. The community was located in Tulsa County, at present 91st and Harvard in the Tulsa City limits.

Sanders, in eastern Nowata County eleven miles northeast of Nowata, was named for Alice G. Sanders. Alice Sanders, the first postmaster, had received a Freedman's allotment near the town. The community had a post office from 1909 until 1914. There were many Cherokee Freedman allotments in the area of the town.