Grayson, formerly Wildcat, took its name from the family who ran the post office. The post office changed to Grayson in 1902, and continued until April 30, 1929. The Muskogee Cimiter declared in 1905 that Wildcat had a population 'of about 1,000 and schools and churches in proportion.' In 1907, the town's population was 375, in 1952, the population was 147, and in 1990, there were 66 residents. The Ross Hill School/ Gaston Home is listed on the Resources in Oklahoma Related to African American History.