Home | Oklahoma History Center | Education | Field Trips and Tours | Field Trip Request Form
Field Trip Request Form
Tips for Planning a Successful Field Trip
- Thanks to a grant from the Inasmuch Foundation, schools that schedule their field trips in advance will receive free admission for students, teachers, and chaperones.
- If you have not been to the Oklahoma History Center and would like to preview the museum, please contact the Education Department for a teacher's pass at firstname.lastname@example.org or 405-522-0791.
- Download and print an activity sheet shortly before your trip. Activity sheets are subject to change. The History Center will provide golf pencils for students to use. We recommend schools divide students into small groups and work on the activities as a team with one copy per team.
- Provide chaperones with guidelines prior to the field trip. There is a map and a list of museum rules that you can download from our website.
- Review the museum rules with your students prior to their field trip.
- Know how many students, teachers, and chaperones are in your group for check-in.
- Don't forget about the outdoor exhibits. Plan on spending some time outdoors to visit the Red River Journey, Devon Energy Oil and Gas Park, and 14 Flags Over Oklahoma exhibit. There are medallions for rubbings and other interactives for the students outside.
- During non-peak times, you may select a living history or guided tour for your group upon request. Individual living history presentations and guided tours are not available during the peak of field trip season (typically March, April, and May). During peak field trip season, there will be living history characters and other hands-on activities in the galleries.
- Your group is welcome to bring a sack lunch to eat on-site. There are several picnic areas outside on the Red River Journey. During inclement weather, students may sit on the floor in the Devon Energy Great Hall to eat lunch. Please ask staff where to store your sack lunches while you tour.