We have created a series of pacing guides to assist in outlining how NHD can work in your classroom. The guides provide timelines for implementing NHD in a variety of classes.
- Pacing Guide Half Year
- Pacing Guide Full Year
- Pacing Guide for Documentaries
- Pacing Guide for Exhibits
- Pacing Guide for Historical Papers
- Pacing Guide for Performances
- Pacing Guide for Websites
We have created a series of topic guides to assist meeting Oklahoma Assessment Standards for the Social Studies. The guides provide sample topics relating to social studies courses from 6th through 12th grades.
- OkNHD Topics Guide Grade 6
- OkNHD Topics Guide Grade 7
- OkNHD Topics Guide Grade 8
- OkNHD Topics Guide Economics
- OkNHD Topics Guide Oklahoma History & Government
- OkNHD Topics Guide Psychology
- OkNHD Topics Guide Sociology
- OkNHD Topics Guide US Government
- OkNHD Topics Guide US History 1878 to the Present
- OkNHD Topics Guide World History
- OkNHD Topics Guide World Human Geography
OkNHD is offers a variety of workshops for both students and teachers. Let us drop by and work with students or meet with the faculty as a group. We offer both introductory and project specific workshops.
Oral History Trunks
OkNHD offers two outreach trunks for teachers and students to use. These trunks provide all of the equipment necessary to create oral histories including camera, light kit, and other equipment. These trunks may be checked out by the teacher in one week increments.
The OkNHD staff is here to help! We offer a variety of teacher workshops across the state each year. For more information check the workshops and institutes page. In addition, staff can provide workshops at your school for you and your students. Contact us to find out more: