Education Scheduling Procedures
The Oklahoma History Center offers unique educational programs for all ages. School groups that book their program through the education staff receive free admission.
Plan Your Visit
Monday through Saturday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The Oklahoma History Center offers a variety of programs for every grade level. Visit our programs page to see full descriptions or contact an educator for more information.
- Call the museum education department to schedule your visit.
- Field trips and outreach programs must be booked at least two weeks in advance.
- Adult chaperones receive reduced admission to museum programs in exchange for their active supervision of all students. We require one adult chaperone for every ten students. Chaperones must be at least 18 years of age.
- Admission to the museum is $7 for adults, $5 for seniors or adult groups of 10 or more, and $4 for students.
- Organized public, private, and charter school groups receive reduced admission to the museum if they book their field trip with the education department. To qualify for the $2.00 admission, your school must be listed in the State Board of Education School Directory. Student Groups that do not schedule their visit with the museum will pay the posted admission fees.
- Thanks to a grant from the Inasmuch Foundation, schools who schedule their fieldtrips in advance with the education department will receive free admission for students, teachers, and chaperones.
- Museum trunks are free to check out; however, the school is responsible for pickup and delivery or the associated shipping cost.
- Determine the date and time for your program. Please have backup dates ready when you call.
- Know your school or institution mailing address.
- Have an email address and phone number for the group contact.
- Know the number of students and an estimate of chaperones that will visit.
- Determine your lunch plans in advance.
For scheduling needs or questions please contact us.
Picnic areas are available to school groups on a first come, first served basis.
The Winnie Mae Café offers many lunch options for groups. Please contact the Café at 405-522-2321 or email@example.com for more information.
The museum store offers a wide variety or books, hats, jewelry, T-shirts, and toys with many items priced under $10. In addition educators will find numerous resources to help enhance their student's learning experience in the classroom.