State Contest Registration
The next Oklahoma National History Day contest is scheduled for May 3–4, 2017, at the Oklahoma History Center. Junior Division will compete on Wednesday, May 3, and Senior Division will compete on Thursday, May 4. Awards will be given each day at 2:30 pm.
Registering for the Contest
Registration must be completed online. Please make sure that you click the green "Ready to Pay" button and submit your payment information. Even if you get a confirmation email of your registration, your entry is NOT complete without payment information.Register Now
- All Paper Category entry papers and must be postmarked by April 15 and sent to:
Oklahoma National History Day
Oklahoma History Center
800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
- Fees are $10 per registered student payable by check or purchase order (PO), and must be postmarked by April 15. All students must register separately for group projects.
- Late registrations will receive a $25 late fee.
- If using a purchase order (PO), please include the PO number where registration asks for your check number. If you require an invoice please email email@example.com and one will be provided.
Websites will lock at midnight the Wednesday before the state contest. Please make sure to save any revisions and publish your website.
Oklahoma History Center
At the State Contest
- You may pull up to the main entrance to unload. Please unload your items promptly and park. All items should remain on the curb while the vehicle is parked.
- The doors will open for set up at 7:30 am.
- Judging will begin at 9:00 am.
- The Awards Assembly will take place each day at 2:30 pm. (Subject to change depending on the number of student registrations)
- There will be a mandadory 30 minute meeting for all State Contest winners moving on to the national competition immediately following the Awards Assembly
- A large portion of the galleries will be open to students.
- The Winnie Mae Cafe will offer a History Day special if you would like to eat onsite. If you would like to bring sack lunches, the museum offers several locations for students to eat outdoors. If you plan on leaving the History Center for lunch, please plan on returning to the museum by 2:15 pm for the awards ceremony.
- Don't forget that you will be able to purchase buttons and t-shirts at the state contest. First and second place winners at the state contest will be given a t-shirt to wear at the national contest.