Volunteer Application Process
Anyone interested in becoming a volunteer for the Oklahoma History Center (OHC) will be required to go through a formal application process. This process is designed to evaluate the volunteer and his/her skills, needs and commitment level, as well as, to give the volunteer an opportunity to see where he/she could be of service within the museum.
Requirements for Application
- Must be 16 years of age or older; if under 18, must have parental consent.
- Able to commit minimum of 72 hours in a calendar year or 36 hours if you are a student.
- Have access to the internet.
- Participate in training.
- Pass a reference and background check.
- Fill out and submit an application Volunteer Coordinator.
- The Volunteer Coordinator will assess the application.
- The Volunteer Coordinator will schedule an interview with the applicant.
- The volunteer will attend and complete orientation training.
- A background check will be preformed.
- The volunteer will be added to the scheduling website.
- The volunteer can then schedule and participate in the designated assignments.