The Oklahoma History Center is grateful for the time, experiences and services that volunteers donate to the OHC. As a volunteer of the Oklahoma Museum of History, you will have access to a number of benefits not afforded the general public. These benefits are bestowed upon you in exchange for your service to the museum.
- An opportunity to be part of a world-recognized institution of learning.
- A keener understanding of Oklahoma history through access to reference materials, close working relationships with professional staff, and training sessions.
- 20% discount on museum store purchases.
- 20% discount at the Winnie Mae Café.
- Opportunities to interact with people and share the pride and history of Oklahoma.
- On going training and learning opportunities related to Oklahoma History.
- Access to behind-the-scenes areas of the Oklahoma History Center related to the volunteer service program.
- Free or reduced admission to training activities, lectures and workshops.
- Invitation to an annual volunteer appreciation gala.
- Invitation to an annual volunteer field trip (with 72 service hours).
- Recognition of your service to the museum.
- Yearly documentation of hours served.
- Job references upon request.
- Monthly programs on scholarly topics related to Oklahoma history and the Oklahoma History Center, in conjunction with monthly volunteer service meetings.
- Subscription to the Volunteer Visit newsletter providing notification of upcoming museum events, volunteer events, etc.