The mission of the Oklahoma History Center Volunteer Services Program is to provide trained and dedicated volunteers to assist with the daily and on-going operations of the various departments within the Oklahoma Museum of History. Volunteers are an active part of the mission of the Oklahoma History Center, providing invaluable resources through educational programs, assisting in the daily operations of the building, and assisting with long-term goals. The Volunteer Services Program provides volunteers with social and networking opportunities through daily interaction, field trips, and the annual appreciation gala, as well as continuing educational benefits through presentations, lectures, and demonstrations. Realizing that volunteers seek a variety of experiences, they may volunteer their time in numerous of ways. Visit the Description of Volunteer Service Areas for more information. For anyone with a desire to give their time, there are hundreds of ways he/she can serve at the Oklahoma History Center.
- An opportunity to be part of a world-recognized institution of learning.
- A keener understanding of Oklahoma history through access to reference materials, close working relationships with professional staff, and training sessions.
- 20% discount on Museum Store purchases.
- 15% discount at the Winnie Mae Café.
- Opportunities to interact with people and share the pride and history of Oklahoma.
- Ongoing training and learning opportunities related to Oklahoma history.
- Access to behind-the-scenes areas of the Oklahoma History Center related to the volunteer service program.
- Free or reduced admission to training activities, lectures, and workshops.
- Invitation to an annual volunteer appreciation gala.
- Invitation to an annual volunteer field trip (with 72 service hours).
- Recognition of your service to the museum.
- Yearly documentation of hours served.
- Job references upon request.
- Monthly programs on scholarly topics related to Oklahoma history and the Oklahoma History Center, in conjunction with monthly volunteer service meetings.
- Subscription to the Volunteer Visit newsletter providing notification of upcoming museum events, volunteer events, etc.