The Gateway to Oklahoma History
Search, browse and view historic Oklahoma newspapers online for free! gateway.okhistory.org
The Encyclopedia of Oklahoma History and Culture
Read more than 2,500 entries exploring Oklahoma the people, places, and events that shape Oklahoma history.
View the Encyclopedia.
Symbols and Emblems
Do you know our state beverage, state colors, or motto? Oklahoma has adopted many symbols to celebrate the wonders of our state. View the full list.
A complete listing of governors from Oklahoma Territory to present-day. View list.
Constitution of the State of OklahomaThere are numerous ways to explore Oklahoma's constitution online:
- View scans of the original online
- Download a PDF of the original (32mb)
- Read a text version online
- Read more in The Oklahoma Encyclopedia of History and Culture
Counties and County Seats
Oklahoma's Route 66 Repositories
There are multiple Route 66 repositories in the state of Oklahoma. Learn more.
Tulsa Race Riot Report
The Final Report of the Oklahoma Commission to Study the Tulsa Race Riot of 1921 is online.
Download the full report (PDF - 4.96MB)
Territorial Incorporation Records
View scans of Incorporation Records for Oklahoma and Indian Territories 1890–1907. Search now.
Select Oklahoma Resources Online
- The Chronicles of Oklahoma online digital.library.okstate.edu/Chronicles
- Indian Pioneer Histories digital.libraries.ou.edu/whc/pioneer
- Oklahoma birth and death certificates www.ok.gov/health/Birth_and_Death_Certificates
- Early Oklahoma serials digital.library.okstate.edu/earlyokserials
- Digital Prairie: documents and images from the Oklahoma Departmentof Libraries digitalprairie.ok.gov/cdm/
- Oklahoma Almanac 2005–2006 from the Oklahoma Department of Libraries odl.state.ok.us/almanac/online.htm
- Indian Affairs: Laws and Treaties. Compiled by Charles J. Kappler digital.library.okstate.edu/kappler
- National Archives Center for Legislative Archives: Oklahoma Materials www.archives.gov/legislative/features/oklahoma