Visiting the Research Center
On July 27 the OHS Board of Directors will vote on closing the Research Center on Mondays due to budget shortfalls.
If approved, the change will go into effect on August 1, 2016. Our new hours of operation would be Tuesday–Saturday from 10am to 4:45pm.
Monday - Saturday 10:00am to 4:45pm
First Monday of the month 10:00am to 7:45pm
Closed Sundays and all state holidays.
2016 Research Center Closings
September 5 - Labor Day
September 10 - Septemberfest
November 11 - Veterans' Day
November 24–25 - Thanksgiving
December 26–27 - Christmas
Plan Your Visit
The John & Eleanor Kirkpatrick Research Center is located on the first floor of the Oklahoma History Center. The Research Center open to the general public; there is no charge to use the research facilities.
- Please sign the guest register each time you visit.
- Smoking, food, and beverages are not permitted in the Research Center.
- To help protect library materials, we ask that researchers write in pencil only (provided.)
- Please turn cell phones to off/silent.
- Research Center books & materials are non-circulating; we do not participate in the interlibrary loan program.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
Viewing Collections & Archive Materials
- Certain research materials are not stored on the Research Center floor. To view these materials, complete a record retrieval request form. Forms are available at the reference desk.
- Archive materials are to be viewed in the Daughtery Family Rare Book Room; patrons should wear cotton gloves (provided) when handling these materials.
- Patrons using Federal Indian Records are asked to sign a research application form.
- Access to oral histories, film & video, manuscript collections, and maps must be requested by 4pm on weekdays.
- Saturday access to oral histories, film & video, manuscript collections, and maps must be requested by 4pm on Friday.
To arrange for tours of the Research Center contact:
Oklahoma History Center
800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
The Oklahoma History Center is conveniently located on the northeast corner of N.E. 23rd & Lincoln Boulevard, across the street from the Oklahoma Capitol. For details view a Google map of our location.