Visiting the Research Center
Research Center Hours
Tuesday–Saturday 10 am to 4:45 pm
Closed Sundays, Mondays, and all state holidays.
There is no charge to visit the Research Center.
2016 Research Center Closings
November 24–25, 2016
December 24, 26–27, 2016
2017 Research Center Closings
January 2, 2017
January 16, 2017
February 20, 2017
May 29, 2017
July 4, 2017
September 4, 2017
November 10, 2017
November 23–24, 2017
December 25–26, 2017
The John & Eleanor Kirkpatrick Research Center is located on the first floor of the Oklahoma History Center. The Research Center open to the general public; there is no charge to use the research facilities.
- Please sign the guest register each time you visit.
- Smoking, food, and beverages are not permitted in the Research Center.
- To help protect library materials, we ask that researchers write in pencil only (provided.)
- Please turn cell phones to off/silent.
- Research Center books & materials are non-circulating; we do not participate in the interlibrary loan program.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
Viewing Collections & Archive Materials
- Certain research materials are not stored on the Research Center floor. To view these materials, complete a record retrieval request form. Forms are available at the reference desk.
- Archive materials are to be viewed in the Daughtery Family Rare Book Room; patrons should wear cotton gloves (provided) when handling these materials.
- Patrons using Federal Indian Records are asked to sign a research application form.
- Access to oral histories, film & video, manuscript collections, and maps must be requested by 4 pm on weekdays.
- Saturday access to oral histories, film & video, manuscript collections, and maps must be requested by 4 pm on Friday.
To arrange for tours of the Research Center contact:
Oklahoma History Center
800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
The Oklahoma History Center is conveniently located on the northeast corner of NE 23rd Street & Lincoln Boulevard, across the street from the Oklahoma Capitol. For details view a Google map of our location.
Latitude: 35.493201, Longitude: -97.496695