Historic Preservation Review Committee
Established in 1969 as a part of the State of Oklahoma's participation in the newly created federal preservation programs, the Committee membership is composed of citizen members as well as professionals in the areas of history, architecture, architectural history, historic archeology, and prehistoric archeology. The Committee provides comments to the State Historic Preservation Officer about proposed nominations to the National Register of Historic Places and other preservation issues as appropriate. Additionally, the committee comments on nominations to the State Register of Historic Places.
2017 Meeting Schedule
Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 1:30pm
Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 1:30pm
Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 1:30pm
Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 1:30pm
Location: All meetings are held in the Oklahoma Historical Society Boardroom, 3rd floor, Oklahoma History Center, 800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73105.
Current Historic Preservation Review Committee (HPRC) members (as of November 2012) include William P. Corbett (Historian, Tahlequah); Ron Frantz (Architect, Oklahoma City); John D. Hartley (Prehistoric Archeologist, Norman); Arn Henderson (Architectural Historian, Norman) ; and Charles S. Wallis (Historical Archeologist, Norman).
HISTORIC PRESERVATION REVIEW COMMITTEE MEETING
October 20, 2016
October 20, 2016
The regular quarterly meeting of the Historic Preservation Review Committee (HPRC) will be held at 1:30pm on Thursday, October 20, 2016. The HPRC will meet in the LeRoy H. Fischer Boardroom, Oklahoma History Center (third floor), 800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive, Oklahoma City, OK. The public is invited to attend. (NOTE: If you are a person with a disability and require an accommodation, please contact Melvena Heisch at 405/522-4484 or email@example.com by 12:00 Noon on Wednesday, October 19, 2016.
- Call to Order
- Approval of the Historic Preservation Review Committee's July 2016 Minutes
- Formulation of Recommendations to the State Historic Preservation Officer Concerning Proposed Nominations to the National Register of Historic Places:
- Henry C. Hatashita House, 1408 Pioneer Road, Ponca City, Kay County (Nomination)
- Medical Arts Building, 100 Park Avenue, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County (Nomination)
- Municipal Auditorium (Civic Center Music Hall), 201 North Walker, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County (Nomination)
- Manitou Jail, NE of Intersection of 3rd Street and US Highway 183, Manitou, Tillman County (Nomination)
- Other Business:
- Historic Preservation Review Committee's Input for Development of the FY 2017 Historic Preservation Fund Application
- Oklahoma Historic Preservation Year and Preservation50 Celebration:
- Screening of the classic Oklahoma preservation film Born Again
- Viewing the Oklahoma History Center exhibit "Oklahoma Celebrates the National Historic Preservation Act" (West Family Gallery, first floor, Oklahoma History Center)
(Click map for PDF)
Nominations Awaiting National Park Service Approval
October 2012 Historic Preservation Review Committee Meeting
Tulsa Race Riot of 1921 (Greenwood Historic District), Tulsa, Tulsa County