Historic Preservation Review Committee
Established in 1969 as a part of the State of Oklahoma's participation in the newly created federal preservation programs, the Committee membership is composed of citizen members as well as professionals in the areas of history, architecture, architectural history, historic archeology, and prehistoric archeology. The Committee provides comments to the State Historic Preservation Officer about proposed nominations to the National Register of Historic Places and other preservation issues as appropriate. Additionally, the committee comments on nominations to the State Register of Historic Places.
2016 Meeting Schedule
Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 1:30pm
Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 1:30pm
Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 1:30pm
Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 1:30pm
Location: All meetings are held in the Oklahoma Historical Society Boardroom, 3rd floor, Oklahoma History Center, 800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73105.
Current Historic Preservation Review Committee (HPRC) members (as of November 2012) include William P. Corbett (Historian, Tahlequah); Ron Frantz (Architect, Oklahoma City); John D. Hartley (Prehistoric Archeologist, Norman); Arn Henderson (Architectural Historian, Norman) ; and Charles S. Wallis (Historical Archeologist, Norman).
HISTORIC PRESERVATION REVIEW COMMITTEE MEETING
April 21, 2016
April 21, 2016
The regular quarterly meeting of the Historic Preservation Review Committee (HPRC) will be held at 1:30pm on Thursday, April 21, 2016. The HPRC will meet in the LeRoy H. Fischer Boardroom, Oklahoma History Center (third floor), 800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive, Oklahoma City, OK. The public is invited to attend. (NOTE: If you are a person with a disability and require an accommodation, please contact Melvena Heisch at 405/522-4484 or email@example.com by 12:00 Noon on Wednesday, April 20, 2016.
- Call to Order
- Approval of the Historic Preservation Review Committee's January 2016 Minutes
- Formulation of Recommendations to the State Historic Preservation Officer Concerning Proposed Nominations to the National Register of Historic Places:
- Dunbar School, Northeast corner of SH 3 and South Dunbar Street, Atoka, Atoka County (Nomination)
- Carrier Congregational Church, 204 North Fifth Street, Carrier, Garfield County (Nomination)
- Oakland School, Northwest corner of Fern Street and North Eighth Street, Oakland, Marshall County (Nomination)
- Edmond Ice Company, 101-109 West Second Street, Edmond, Oklahoma County (Nomination)
- Electric Transformer House, 2412 North Olie Avenue, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County (Nomination)
- Sunshine Cleaners, 1002 NW 1st Street, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County (Nomination)
- Tiffany House, 5505 N. Brookline Avenue, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County (Nomination)
- Hotel Dale, 118 Northwest Sixth Street, Guymon, Texas County (Nomination)
- Other Business:
- Oklahoma's 28th Annual Statewide Preservation Conference
- Oklahoma Historic Preservation Year and Preservation50
Nominations Awaiting National Park Service Approval
October 2012 Historic Preservation Review Committee Meeting
Tulsa Race Riot of 1921 (Greenwood Historic District), Tulsa, Tulsa County