Historic Preservation Review Committee
Established in 1969 as a part of the State of Oklahoma's participation in the newly created federal preservation programs, the Committee membership is composed of citizen members as well as professionals in the areas of history, architecture, architectural history, historic archeology, and prehistoric archeology. The Committee provides comments to the State Historic Preservation Officer about proposed nominations to the National Register of Historic Places and other preservation issues as appropriate. Additionally, the committee comments on nominations to the State Register of Historic Places.
2014 Meeting Schedule
Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 1:30pm
Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 1:30pm
Thursday, July 17, 2014 - 1:30pm
Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 1:30pm
Location: All meetings are held in the Oklahoma Historical Society Boardroom, 3rd floor, Oklahoma History Center, 800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73105.
Current Historic Preservation Review Committee (HPRC) members (as of November 2012) include William P. Corbett (Historian, Tahlequah); Ron Frantz (Architect, Oklahoma City); John D. Hartley (Prehistoric Archeologist, Norman); Arn Henderson (Architectural Historian, Norman) ; and Charles S. Wallis (Historical Archeologist, Norman).
Upcoming Nominations for Review in October 2014
- Kennedy Mansion, 502 South Okmulgee Avenue, Okmulgee, Okmulgee County (Nomination)
- Union School District 19 Ĺ, SW corner of 149th Street and S. Luther Road, Newalla, Cleveland County (Nomination)
- Town House Hotel, 627 Northwest Fifth Street, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County (Nomination)
- Millerís Boulevard Historic District, Bounded by NW 16th St., N Villa Ave., Rear Lot Lines/Alley South of W Park Pl., and N May Ave, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County (Nomination)
- Main Street Arcade, 629 West Main Street, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County (Nomination)
- Oklahoma A& M College Dairy Barn, 2624 West McElroy Rd, Stillwater, Payne County (Nomination)
- Fox Hotel, 201 East W.C. Rogers Boulevard, Skiatook, Tulsa County (Nomination)
- Bacone College Historic District, Old Bacone Road, Muskogee, Muskogee County (Nomination)
Nominations Awaiting National Park Service Approval
October 2012 Historic Preservation Review Committee Meeting
Tulsa Race Riot of 1921 (Greenwood Historic District), Tulsa, Tulsa County