Historic Preservation Review Committee
Established in 1969 as a part of the State of Oklahoma's participation in the newly created federal preservation programs, the Committee membership is composed of citizen members as well as professionals in the areas of history, architecture, architectural history, historic archeology, and prehistoric archeology. The Committee provides comments to the State Historic Preservation Officer about proposed nominations to the National Register of Historic Places and other preservation issues as appropriate. Additionally, the committee comments on nominations to the State Register of Historic Places.
2016 Meeting Schedule
Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 1:30pm
Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 1:30pm
Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 1:30pm
Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 1:30pm
Location: All meetings are held in the Oklahoma Historical Society Boardroom, 3rd floor, Oklahoma History Center, 800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73105.
Current Historic Preservation Review Committee (HPRC) members (as of November 2012) include William P. Corbett (Historian, Tahlequah); Ron Frantz (Architect, Oklahoma City); John D. Hartley (Prehistoric Archeologist, Norman); Arn Henderson (Architectural Historian, Norman) ; and Charles S. Wallis (Historical Archeologist, Norman).
HISTORIC PRESERVATION REVIEW COMMITTEE MEETING
July 21, 2016
July 21, 2016
The regular quarterly meeting of the Historic Preservation Review Committee (HPRC) will be held at 1:30pm on Thursday, July 21, 2016. The HPRC will meet in the LeRoy H. Fischer Boardroom, Oklahoma History Center (third floor), 800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive, Oklahoma City, OK. The public is invited to attend. (NOTE: If you are a person with a disability and require an accommodation, please contact Melvena Heisch at 405/522-4484 or email@example.com by 12:00 Noon on Wednesday, July 20, 2016.
- Call to Order
- Approval of the Historic Preservation Review Committee's April 2016 Minutes
- Formulation of Recommendations to the State Historic Preservation Officer Concerning Proposed Nominations to the National Register of Historic Places:
- Fort Towson (Additional Documentation), Fort Townson, Choctaw County (Nomination)
- Central Fire Station, 623 Southwest D Avenue, Lawton, Comanche County (Nomination)
- Klingensmith Park Amphitheater, West 7th/West 5th & Country Club Drive, Bristow, Creek County (Nomination)
- Lincoln Park Bathhouse, 2000 Remington Place, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County (Nomination)
- Mutual Savings and Loan Association Building, 601-605 NW 23rd Street, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County (Nomination)
- Pruett House, 155 Redwood Drive, Stillwater, Payne County (Nomination)
- Downtown Claremore Historic District, See Nomination for Boundaries, Claremore, Rogers County (Nomination)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma Building, 1215 South Boulder Avenue, Tulsa, Tulsa County (Nomination)
- Downtown Tulsa YMCA, 515 South Denver Avenue, Tulsa, Tulsa County (Nomination)
- Other Business:
- Review of the Committee's Role in Development of the FY 2017 Historic Preservation Fund Application
- Oklahoma Historic Preservation Year and Preservation50 Update
Nominations Awaiting National Park Service Approval
October 2012 Historic Preservation Review Committee Meeting
Tulsa Race Riot of 1921 (Greenwood Historic District), Tulsa, Tulsa County