Home > Tour Home
List
Map

Route 66 Mobile Tour

Bridgeport Hill Service Station

Junction of Old Route 66 & US-281 Spur, Geary vicinity




The Bridgeport Hill Service Station is a case study in how US Highway 66 offered new opportunities in commerce. This simple house and canopy style gas station was constructed by Leroy Tilley in 1934 at the top of Bridgeport Hill. Its location on a newly-opened section of Route 66 attracted many travelers. The station afforded Tilley a steady income that more than made up for the depressed business returns from his farm. Success and location eventually worked to convince Tilley to add a separate service bay to the operation.