P.O. Box 247
Fort Supply, OK 73841-0247
Director: Bob Rea
|Tue - Sat||9am to 4pm|
|Sun - Mon||Closed|
Due to staffing limitations we recommend calling in advance prior to planning a visit, since illness and other unexpected events occasionally result in an unplanned closing.
The Oklahoma Historical Society's mission at the Fort Supply Historic Site is to educate the public about the history of Fort Supply and northwest Oklahoma through the preservation and interpretation of its historic resources.
The five remaining buildings from the military period will be restored to their appearance of over 100 years ago. The 1875 Ordnance Sergeant's Quarters and the 1882 Civilian Employee Quarters are picket-style log buildings. These are rare examples of a common frontier construction method. The walls of these buildings consist of vertical logs. The 1879 Commanding Officer's Quarters and the duplex 1882 Officers' Quarters are the only frame houses left on "Officers' Row." The 1892 Guard House was the only brick building erected by the army at Fort Supply. It has been restored and furnished and contains the site's exhibit area.