Home > sites >  Fort Supply
Donate Now

Fort Supply

1 William S. Key Blvd.
Fort Supply, OK 73841
(580) 256-6136
Site Manager: Shayne House

Museum Hours
Tue - Sat9am to 4pm
Sun - MonClosed
Free Admission

Due to staffing limitations we recommend calling in advance prior to planning a visit, as illness and other unexpected events occasionally result in an unplanned closing.

 Download Flyer (PDF)

National Register of Historic Places

Fort Supply Historic Site

Camp Supply was established in late 1868 as for the winter campaign against the Plains Indians in western Indian Territory. The military presence was felt for the next twenty-five years as soldiers patrolled the region in an effort to contain the tribes and keep out trespassers. Buffalo hunters, timber and horse thieves, whiskey traders, and boomers were a continual threat to stability in Indian Territory. Troops escorted cattle drives and protected the stage coaches, freight haulers, and travelers as they moved along the trails. Fort Supply was closed in 1894.

Five original buildings, artifacts, replicas of the 1868 stockade, army supply wagon, and mountain howitzer, provide visitors with a glimpse of Army life. The 1875 ordnance sergeant's quarters and the 1882 Civilian Employee Quarters are picket-style log buildings. These are rare examples of a common frontier construction method. The walls of these buildings consist of vertical logs. The 1879 commanding officer's quarters and the duplex 1882 officers' quarters are the only frame houses left on officers' row. The 1892 guard house was the only brick building erected by the army at Fort Supply. It has been restored and furnished and contains the site's exhibit area.

Visit the Encyclopedia of Oklahoma History & Culture to find out more about Fort Supply.

This property is managed by the Plains Indians and Pioneers Museum in Woodward.