Home > sites >  Marker Search Results

Historical Markers

Beaver County
Beaver County
Located on the site was a two-story frame building that served as the meeting place in March 1887 for organizing the area known as "No Man's Land" into "Cimarron Territory." The area was inhabited by ranchers, cowboys, outlaws, and settlers looking for homes. The effort to create Cimarron Territory failed, but No Man's Land became Beaver County, the seventh county of Oklahoma Territory, in 1890. At statehood in 1907, Beaver County was divided into Beaver, Texas, and Cimarron counties.
Located on OK-23 and US-270 in Beaver

No Man's Land
Beaver County
See Beaver County
Located on OK-23, eight miles south of Elmwood

No Man's Land
Beaver County
See Beaver County
Located on OK-3, six miles east of Slapout

(Page 1 of 1)



Search by Marker Name






Browse by County

Le Flore County
Lincoln County
Logan County
Love County
Major County
Marshall County
Mayes County
McClain County
McCurtain County
McIntosh County
Murray County
Muskogee County
Noble County
Nowata County
Okfuskee County
Oklahoma County
Okmulgee County
Osage County
Ottawa County
Pawnee County
Payne County
Pittsburg County
Pontotoc County
Pottawatomie County
Pushmataha County
Roger Mills County
Rogers County
Seminole County
Sequoyah County
Stephens County
Texas County
Tillman County
Tulsa County
Wagoner County
Washington County
Washita County
Woods County
Woodward County