Now the Oklahoma-Texas border, the 100th Meridian was part of the disputed boundary between Spanish territory and the vast Louisiana Purchase, a boundary solidified by the Adams-Onis Treaty in 1819.
Located on US-6, four miles west of Hollis (DAR)
La Casa School
The La Casa School was formed in 1925 by consolidating three schools: Mesquite, Star Valley, and Bearden. The first class graduated in 1928. The school closed in 1957.
Located on US-62, three miles east of Hollis
The Ron School began in 1939 with the consolidation of schools at Dryden, McKnight, Metcalf, and Teacross. The last class graduated in 1964 when the school became part of the Hollis Public Schools.
Located on OK-30, seven miles north of Hollis
A post office was established here on August 20, 1903, named for Henry B. Vinson, the owner of the townsite. The Vinson School closed in 1964 after serving children for decades from the surrounding communities of Cave Creek, Independence, Union Grove, Madge, Opal, Carl, Sulphur, Union Hill, Hurst, Hackberry, and Elm Valley.
Located on OK-9 in Vinson
Search by Marker Name
Browse by County
Roger Mills County