Bond of Friendship
Bond of Friendship. Welcome to Skedee.
Located in the town of Skedee
The town of Cleveland became a boomtown in 1904 when oil was discovered nearby.
Located on US-64 at Triangle Oil and Historical Museum in Cleveland
Cleveland-Pioneer Oil City
Cleveland, established in 1894, was named for President Grover Cleveland. It became an early boomtown after oil was discovered in the immediate vicinity and in nearby Osage County in the early twentieth century.
Located on US-64 and OK-99 in Cleveland
Established in 1874, the agency supervised the Pawnee Indians who sold their lands in Nebraska and bought a reservation in present-day Pawnee County. The unallotted surplus lands of the Pawnee Reservation were opened to settlement in September 1893.
Located on US-64 west of Pawnee
Likenesses of Osage Chief Bacon Rind and Colonel E. E. Walters commemorate the cooperation of two different cultures. For many years, Walters served as the public auctioneer for oil lease rights on 160-acre tracts of the Osage Reservation, the revenue from which was distributed to the more than 2,000 Osage headrights. The auctions were held under the "million-dollar elm."
Located in town of Skedee
Search by Marker Name
Browse by County
Roger Mills County