Home > sites >  Marker Search Results

Historical Markers

Battle of Turkey Springs
Woods County
The last known encounter between Native Americans and the federal government in Oklahoma occurred in this area on September 13–14, 1878. Units of the 4th Cavalry battled with Northern Cheyennes led by Dull Knife and Little Wolf as they fled Indian Territory to return to the north. An Arapaho scout and three soldiers were killed.
Located on US-64, two miles east of Camp Houston

Centennial Wall
Woods County
The 1,600 bricks list the names of past and present Woods County families and commemorates the centennial of the opening of the Cherokee Outlet in 1893.
Located at southeast corner of the county courthouse in Alva (DAR)

Cherokee Strip
Woods County
The first land office in the Cherokee Outlet was located here.
Located at intersection of Flynn and Post Office streets in Alva (DAR)

Nathan Boone
Woods County
The son of frontiersman Daniel Boone, Nathan Boone, led an expedition to Indian Territory and through this area in 1843.
Located on US-64, one mile west of Camp Houston

(Page 1 of 1)



Search by Marker Name






Browse by County

Le Flore County
Lincoln County
Logan County
Love County
Major County
Marshall County
Mayes County
McClain County
McCurtain County
McIntosh County
Murray County
Muskogee County
Noble County
Nowata County
Okfuskee County
Oklahoma County
Okmulgee County
Osage County
Ottawa County
Pawnee County
Payne County
Pittsburg County
Pontotoc County
Pottawatomie County
Pushmataha County
Roger Mills County
Rogers County
Seminole County
Sequoyah County
Stephens County
Texas County
Tillman County
Tulsa County
Wagoner County
Washington County
Washita County
Woods County
Woodward County