Kemnitz Sinclair Service Station exhibits opens
The Cherokee Strip Museum will host an exhibit about the Kemnitz Sinclair Service Station in Perry. The exhibit will open March 3 and feature original items from the station including signs, gas pumps and globes, and even a hand-carved version of the Sinclair mascot, “Dino.”
Kemnitz Sinclair Service Station is located at the southeast corner of Perry’s downtown square. In 2020, the station is celebrating 83 years of continuous operation. It was built in 1937 by Mid-Continent Petroleum Company as a Diamond D-X Service Station. The station is still in business and has been operated by the Kemnitz family since 1955. Through the years, the station went from being D-X to APCO. In 1994 it began operating under the Sinclair brand. Kemnitz Sinclair Service Station few gas stations continuing to offer full service, where customers can remain in their automobile while having their windows washed, tires and oil checked, and gas pumped by an attendant.