- This event has passed.
Spring Break activities, Will Rogers Birthplace Ranch
March 14, 2017, 1 p.m.–3 p.m.
An event every 2 days that begins at 1 p.m., repeating until March 16, 2017
Parents, give your children the opportunity to experience childhood as Will Rogers would have on his Indian Territory ranch this March! Spring Break activities will be held Monday, March 13, through Friday, March 17, from 1 to 3 pm at the Will Rogers Memorial Museum and the Will Rogers Birthplace Ranch. There will be new activities each day focusing on different aspects of Will’s life, including sports, horses and riding, aviation, writing, and entertainment. The programs will take place at the museum on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and at the ranch on Tuesday and Thursday. This year’s Spring Break activities will be free for ages 17 and under thanks to a generous education sponsorship from Win and Kay Ingersoll of Ingersoll Ranch.
Monday, March 13, at Will Rogers Memorial Museum in Claremore
– Create movie posters with Studio B
– Arts program with Gilcrease Museum
– Learn about newspaper writing with a writer from the Claremore Progress
– Behind-the-scenes tours will start every fifteen minutes for parents
Tuesday, March 14, at Will Rogers Birthplace Ranch in Oologah
– Learn about Will’s love of baseball with “Field of Dreams” activities
Wednesday, March 15, at Will Rogers Memorial Museum in Claremore
Participants will make paper airplanes for an airplane-flying contest and enjoy other “Flying Day” activities with:
– Ashley Howard from the The Oklahoman Newspapers in Education program
– Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission
– Spartan School of Aeronautics
– Tulsa Glue Dobbers (with large model airplanes on display)
Thursday, March 16, at Will Rogers Birthplace Ranch in Oologah
Experience “Life on the Ranch” with cattle brand making, horseshoes, roping, and polo
Friday, March 17, at Will Rogers Memorial Museum in Claremore
Mid-Afternoon Frolic Talent Show
The talent show will be patterned after Will’s New York stage shows, with entertainment from local youth. Prizes will be awarded. Entry forms for the talent show can be found at www.willrogers.com/spring-break.