Search by keyword or browse by county to learn about more than 600 historical markers created to recognize key locations, events, and people in Oklahoma history.
In 1976 the Oklahoma Historical Society published Mark of Heritage. Written by Muriel Wright, George Shirk, and Kenny Franks, this publication contains information about historic sites and historical markers in Oklahoma.
Read Mark of Heritage online
Your search returned 4 results.
Grand was the county seat of Day County in Oklahoma Territory until statehood, and the seat of Ellis County until 1908. Little remains today to indicate its importance in territorial and early statehood days.
Located on US-28, eleven miles south of Arnett
Great Western Cattle Trail
From 1874 to 1893, millions of cattle and horses were driven from Texas over the westernmost of the famous cattle trails. The trail crossed the Red River at Doan's Crossing in Jackson County and continued north to Dodge City, Kansas.
Located on OK-46, eleven miles north of Gage
Military Road Crossing From Fort Supply
A military road from Dodge City, Kansas, via Fort Supply to Fort Elliott, Texas, carried supply wagons and a daily stagecoach through this area from 1874 to 1890.
Located on US-283, six miles south of Shattuck
Military Road Crossing from Fort Supply
See Military Road Crossing from Fort Supply.
Located on OK-15, 1/2 mile east of Gage
Search for Markers
Browse by County
Roger Mills County