Visiting the Research Center
Monday - Saturday 10:00am to 4:45pm
First Monday of the month 10:00am to 7:45pm
Closed Sundays and all state holidays.
2016 Research Center Closings
July 4 - Independence Day
September 5 - Labor Day
November 11 - Veterans' Day
November 24–25 - Thanksgiving
December 26–27 - Christmas
Plan Your Visit
The John & Eleanor Kirkpatrick Research Center is located on the first floor of the Oklahoma History Center. The Research Center open to the general public; there is no charge to use the research facilities.
- Please sign the guest register each time you visit.
- Smoking, food, and beverages are not permitted in the Research Center.
- To help protect library materials, we ask that researchers write in pencil only (provided.)
- Please turn cell phones to off/silent.
- Research Center books & materials are non-circulating; we do not participate in the interlibrary loan program.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
Viewing Collections & Archive Materials
- Certain research materials are not stored on the Research Center floor. To view these materials, complete a record retrieval request form. Forms are available at the reference desk.
- Archive materials are to be viewed in the Daughtery Family Rare Book Room; patrons should wear cotton gloves (provided) when handling these materials.
- Patrons using Federal Indian Records are asked to sign a research application form.
- Access to oral histories, film & video, manuscript collections, and maps must be requested by 4pm on weekdays.
- Saturday access to oral histories, film & video, manuscript collections, and maps must be requested by 4pm on Friday.
To arrange for tours of the Research Center contact:
Oklahoma History Center
800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
The Oklahoma History Center is conveniently located on the northeast corner of N.E. 23rd & Lincoln Boulevard, across the street from the Oklahoma Capitol. For details view a Google map of our location.