Fort Supply1 William S. Key Boulevard
Fort Supply, OK 73841
Open by appointment only.
Use of drones over Oklahoma Historical Society property is not permitted without written approval of the facility director.
Fort Supply Historic Site
Camp Supply was established in late 1868 as for the winter campaign against the Plains Indians in western Indian Territory. The military presence was felt for the next twenty-five years as soldiers patrolled the region in an effort to contain the tribes and keep out trespassers. Buffalo hunters, timber and horse thieves, whiskey traders, and boomers were a continual threat to stability in Indian Territory. Troops escorted cattle drives and protected the stage coaches, freight haulers, and travelers as they moved along the trails. Fort Supply was closed in 1894.
Five original buildings, artifacts, replicas of the 1868 stockade, army supply wagon, and mountain howitzer, provide visitors with a glimpse of Army life. The 1875 ordnance sergeant's quarters and the 1882 Civilian Employee Quarters are picket-style log buildings. These are rare examples of a common frontier construction method. The walls of these buildings consist of vertical logs. The 1879 commanding officer's quarters and the duplex 1882 officers' quarters are the only frame houses left on officers' row. The 1892 guard house was the only brick building erected by the army at Fort Supply. It has been restored and furnished and contains the site's exhibit area.
Visit The Encyclopedia of Oklahoma History and Culture to find out more about Fort Supply.
This property is managed by the Friends of Historic Fort Supply.