Search by keyword or browse by county to learn about more than 600 historical markers created to recognize key locations, events, and people in Oklahoma history.
In 1976 the Oklahoma Historical Society published Mark of Heritage. Written by Muriel Wright, George Shirk, and Kenny Franks, this publication contains information about historic sites and historical markers in Oklahoma.
Read Mark of Heritage online
Your search returned 7 results.
The school, once known as Red River School, was a subscription school when it was founded in 1880s It closed in 1957.
Located on OK-96 in Burneyville
Originally serving students in the town of Courtney, the school closed in 1928 when the county border changed and several small schools were consolidated.
Located on OK-32, 3 1/4 miles east of Jefferson County line
Born in Mississippi, Pickens came west with the Chickasaws in 1837 and was their first elected chief after the nation removed to Indian Territory. Pickens County in the Chickasaw Nation was named for him.
Located on OK-32 at Ennville
Enon Baptist Association
In August, 1885, the Enon Baptist Association was founded at Wilson Creek Church in the Chickasaw Nation.
Located at Leon Baptist Church in Leon (OBHC)
Love County Courthouse
The cornerstone of the first county courthouse built after statehood was laid on April 29, 1910.
Located on OK-32 east of US-77 junction
This community school served area children from 1930 to 1958. It was created when schools from the Bowles, Eastman, Marsden, and New Hope districts were consolidated.
Located on county road, three miles north and three miles west of Marietta
Post Oak School
The Post Oak school existed from 1916 to 1950 and was part of a joint district that served students in Love and Carter Counties.
Located on OK-76, 17 miles west and nine miles north of Marietta
Search for Markers
Browse by County
Roger Mills County