Field Trips and Museum Tours
Come investigate Oklahoma's past! Groups can explore the museum independently or with one of our activity sheets. Guided tours are available for groups who schedule a minimum of two weeks in advance. It is very important that your group arrive at their scheduled time. If your group runs late museum staff may change your program without prior notice. All museum programs directly address Oklahoma Academic Standards and correlate with Oklahoma History Center exhibits. Please use the links below to book your field trip or tour.
- Thanks to a grant from the Inasmuch Foundation, schools who schedule their field trips in advance with the education department will receive free admission for students, teachers, and chaperones. Chaperones must be at least eighteen years of age.
- General admission to the museum is $7 for adults, $5 for seniors or adult groups of ten or more, and $4 for students.
- If not booked at least two weeks in advance, organized public, private, and homeschool groups may receive reduced admission to the museum if they book their field trip with the education department. To qualify for the $2 admission, your school must be listed in the State Board of Education School Directory. Student Groups that do not schedule their visit with the museum will pay the posted admission fees.
Should you have any problems or questions regarding scheduling an education program please contact the education department: 405-522-0791 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Picnic areas are available to school groups on a first come, first served basis. The Winnie Mae Cafe is temporarily closed; we apologize for any inconvenience.
The museum store offers a wide variety of books, hats, jewelry, t-shirts, and toys with many items priced under $10. In addition, educators will find numerous resources to help enhance their students' learning experience in the classroom.
The Oklahoma History Center is conveniently located on the northeast corner of NE 23rd and Lincoln Boulevard across the street from the Oklahoma Capitol. For details view the Google map of our location.
Oklahoma History Center
800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
- Print the getting ready for your field trip activity (coming soon) and complete with your students.
- Print the maps and rules to review rules and museum etiquette with your students before your visit and as a handy guide for chaperones to use during the field trip.
- Visit our website for current information on exhibits.
- Confirm your reservation and lunch requirements.
- Assign each student to a chaperone. It is recommended that each chaperone have no more than ten students.
- Ensure that you have our museum admissions telephone number: 405-522-0765. Please call if your group runs late.
On the Way to the Museum
- Confirm your plans for the museum visit with your students, staff, and chaperones.
- Remind students of museum etiquette.
- When you arrive please pull buses up to the front doors. Please take a final count of students on the bus BEFORE unloading the buses. WINTER/INCLIMATE WEATHER: For security purposes the doors will not open until 10 am. Please do not unload buses if you arrive before 10 am.
- Meet chaperones and make note of the number to give to the front desk.
- All students and chaperones should enter the building where they will be greeted by museum staff.
- Please consolidate sack lunches and place them where museum staff direct.
Plan Follow-up Activities
- During their field trip students will explore many aspects of Oklahoma's rich history. Plan activities to follow-up and reinforce what they have learned.
- Print the follow-up activity (coming soon) and complete with your students.
Activity sheets offer students and families a unique way to explore the museum at their own pace. Our activity sheets provide you with the tools necessary to evaluate the student's learning experience. For families, they provide themes or guidance for locating artifacts. Please feel free to modify activity sheets to fit your specific needs. Make sure you print your sheets within one week of your visit to ensure you have the newest edition.Oklahoma History Center - Full Version (PDF)
Oklahoma History Center - Short Version (PDF)
Find-It Activity (PDF)
Pre-K Activity Sheet 1 (PDF)
Pre-K Activity Sheet 2 (PDF)
High School Activity Sheets (PDF)
Space Activity Sheet (PDF)
Sam Noble Gallery Activity Sheet (PDF)
Exterior Exhibits (PDF)
Oil & Gas Scavenger Hunt Pre-K to 2nd Grade (PDF)
Oil & Gas Scavenger Hunt 3rd to 5th Grade (PDF)
Oil & Gas Scavenger Hunt 6th to 12th Grade (PDF)