#ExploreOHS Travel Contest
The Oklahoma Historical Society (OHS) is excited to launch a new travel contest—just in time for Spring Break 2022! The #ExploreOHS Travel Contest will be held Thursday, March 10, through Sunday, April 10. During these dates, participants will travel to OHS museums and historic sites across the state—competing to see who can visit the most sites! This contest is open to the public, and all entries must be submitted on social media using the #ExploreOHS hashtag. See below for eligibility requirements and details about how you can participate.
The person (or family/group traveling together) who visits the largest number of OHS sites (March 10–April 10, 2022) will win a prize pack of OHS swag and will get to name a baby bison at Pawnee Bill Ranch and Museum.
A complete list of OHS museums and historic sites is available at www.okhistory.org/sites. Use the clickable map of 20+ sites to start planning your road trip today!
To be eligible for prizes:
- Participants must post a photo(s) from each OHS museum/site visited and must include the #ExploreOHS hashtag on each post.
- Posts must be published to a public social media account on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram. Posts must remain public on your timeline until April 11, 2022. Facebook Stories and Instagram Stories posts are not eligible.
- Photos must clearly depict an OHS museum/site (eligible locations are listed at www.okhistory.org/sites). Selfies are welcome, but please ensure that a portion of the OHS museum/site is also visible in the photo.
- Visits must occur during operating hours and social media posts must be published between March 10, 2022, and April 10, 2022. (Regular hours of operation vary by site. Please check the OHS website and/or call the site before planning your visit.)
- Multiple visits to the same museum/site do not count toward the total number of visits per person. To accrue more visits, participants must travel to different sites.
Disclaimers, Rules, and Conditions
- The Oklahoma Historical Society (OHS) will notify the winner on April 11 via direct message on social media and will advise how to claim the prize.
- Failure of the potential winner to respond within three (3) days from such notification may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner.
- The OHS reserves the right to decide the winner in the event of a tie.
- If a family and/or group travels together, they are eligible to win as a group—but will only receive one prize pack of OHS swag and may name one baby bison.
- Naming of the baby bison is subject to OHS approval. The OHS reserves the right to accept or reject any name(s) for the baby bison at Pawnee Bill Ranch and Museum.
- Employees of the OHS, members of the OHS Board of Directors, and immediate family members of OHS staff/board are not eligible to win.
- Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Some restrictions apply.
- No substitutions or cash redemption will be permitted.
- By entering this contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these official rules and to comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Entries will be void if incomplete, forged, or otherwise not in compliance with these official rules.
- By entering this contest, entrants release and hold OHS harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights claims, and actions of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the contest or participation in event-related activity.