Historic Preservation Review Committee
Established in 1969 as a part of the State of Oklahoma's participation in the newly created federal preservation programs, the Committee membership is composed of citizen members as well as professionals in the areas of history, architecture, architectural history, historic archeology, and prehistoric archeology. The Committee provides comments to the State Historic Preservation Officer about proposed nominations to the National Register of Historic Places and other preservation issues as appropriate. Additionally, the committee comments on nominations to the State Register of Historic Places.
2020 Meeting Schedule
Thursday, January 16, 2020, 1:30 p.m.
Thursday, April 16, 2020, 1:30 p.m.
Thursday, July 16, 2020, 1:30 p.m.
Thursday, October 15, 2020, 1:30 p.m.
All meetings are held in the Dr. LeRoy H. Fischer Boardroom on the third floor of the Oklahoma History Center, located at 800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive, Oklahoma City, OK, 73105.
The governor appoints the members of the Historic Preservation Review Committee (HPRC) to advise the SHPO about nominations to the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) and other preservation issues. Current HPRC members include Ron Frantz (architect, Oklahoma City); John D. Hartley (prehistoric archeologist, Norman); Shirley Ballard Nero (historian, Clearview); Jana Phillips (architectural historian, Stillwater); and Charles S. Wallis (historical archeologist, Norman).
HISTORIC PRESERVATION REVIEW COMMITTEE MEETING
January 16, 2020
January 16, 2020
The regular quarterly meeting of the Historic Preservation Review Committee (HPRC) will be held at 1:30 pm on Thursday, January 16, 2020. The HPRC will meet in the LeRoy H. Fischer Boardroom on the third floor of the Oklahoma History Center, located at 800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive, Oklahoma City, OK. The public is invited to attend. (NOTE: If you are a person with a disability and require an accommodation, please contact Lynda Ozan at 405-522-4484 or firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Wednesday, January 15, 2020).
- Call to Order
- Approval of the Historic Preservation Review Committee's October 17, 2019, Minutes
- Formulation of Recommendations to the State Historic Preservation Officer Concerning Proposed Nominations to the National Register of Historic Places:
- Founders' Place Historic District, bounded by West Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard, North 12th Street, Court Street, and North 17th Street, Muskogee, Muskogee County (Nomination)
- Capitol Hill General Hospital, 2400 South Harvey Avenue, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County (Nomination)
- Mine Rescue Station (Additional Documentation), 509 South 3rd Street, McAlester, Pittsburg County (Nomination)
- State National Bank Building, 2 East Main Street, Shawnee, Pottawatomie County (Nomination)
- Fire Station No. 13, 3924 Charles Page Boulevard, Tulsa, Tulsa County (Nomination)
- Other Business
- New Business
(Click map for PDF)
Nominations Awaiting National Park Service Approval
- Jack and Helen Cleary House, 13 Hillcrest Drive, Ponca City, Kay County
- Marland Estate, Inc. Gatehouse, 747 North 14th Street, Ponca City, Kay County