Historic Preservation Review Committee
Established in 1969 as a part of the State of Oklahoma's participation in the newly created federal preservation programs, the Committee membership is composed of citizen members as well as professionals in the areas of history, architecture, architectural history, historic archeology, and prehistoric archeology. The Committee provides comments to the State Historic Preservation Officer about proposed nominations to the National Register of Historic Places and other preservation issues as appropriate. Additionally, the committee comments on nominations to the State Register of Historic Places.
2019 Meeting Schedule
Thursday, January 17, 2019, 1:30 p.m. [CANCELED]
Thursday, April 18, 2019, 1:30 p.m.
Thursday, July 18, 2019, 1:30 p.m.
Thursday, October 17, 2019, 1:30 p.m.
Location: All meetings are held in the Dr. LeRoy H. Fischer Boardroom on the third floor of the Oklahoma History Center, located at 800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive, Oklahoma City, OK, 73105.
Current Historic Preservation Review Committee (HPRC) members (as of December 2017) include Ron Frantz (architect, Oklahoma City); John D. Hartley (prehistoric archeologist, Norman); Shirley Ballard Nero (historian, Clearview); Jana Phillips (architectural historian, Stillwater); and Charles S. Wallis (historical archeologist, Norman).
HISTORIC PRESERVATION REVIEW COMMITTEE MEETING
October 17, 2019
October 17, 2019
The regular quarterly meeting of the Historic Preservation Review Committee (HPRC) will be held at 1:30 pm on Thursday, October 17, 2019. The HPRC will meet in the LeRoy H. Fischer Boardroom on the third floor of the Oklahoma History Center, located at 800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive, Oklahoma City, OK. The public is invited to attend. (NOTE: If you are a person with a disability and require an accommodation, please contact Lynda Ozan at 405-522-4484 or email@example.com by noon on Wednesday, October 16, 2019).
- Call to Order
- Approval of the Historic Preservation Review Committee's July 18, 2019, Minutes
- Formulation of Recommendations to the State Historic Preservation Officer Concerning Proposed Nominations to the National Register of Historic Places:
- Oklahoma National Guard Armory, 200 Northeast 23rd Street, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County (Nomination)
- State Highway Department Testing Laboratory, 2311 North Central Avenue, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County (Nomination)
- Iroquois Apartments, 900 NW 13th Street, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County (Nomination)
- Harmony School, 1537 NE 24th Street, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County (Nomination)
- Other Business:
- FY 2020 Historic Preservation Fund Grant
- New Business
(Click map for PDF)
Nominations Awaiting National Park Service Approval
- Holy City of the Wichitas Historic District, 262 Holy City Road, Medicine Park vicinity, Comanche County
- Jack and Helen Cleary House, 13 Hillcrest Drive, Ponca City, Kay County
- Marland Estate, Inc. Gatehouse, 747 North 14th Street, Ponca City, Kay County