OkNHD State Contest
The Oklahoma National History Day contest is held in May at the Oklahoma History Center. Awards are given each day at 2:30 p.m. Following the awards assembly, there will be a short mandatory meeting for students continuing on to the National Contest.Judge Registration
2020 State Contest Dates
The junior division contest will be Wednesday, May 6, and the senior division contest will be Thursday, May 7, 2020.
- Fees are $15 per registered student payable by check or purchase order (PO) and must be postmarked by April 20. Payment may be mailed to:
Oklahoma National History Day
Oklahoma History Center
800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
- All students must register separately for group projects.
- Late registrations will incur a $25 late fee in addition to the registration fee.
- If using a PO, please include the PO number where registration asks for your check number. If you require an invoice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and one will be provided.
Websites will lock at midnight the Wednesday before the state contest. Please make sure to save any revisions and publish your website.
Email us at email@example.com
At the State Contest
- You may pull up to the main entrance to unload. Please unload your items promptly and park. All items should remain on the curb while the vehicle is parked.
- The doors will open for set up at 7:30 a.m.
- Judging will begin at 9 a.m.
- The awards assembly will take place each day at 2:30 p.m. (The time is subject to change depending on the number of student registrations.)
- Following the awards assembly, there will be a short mandatory meeting for students continuing to the National Contest.
- A large portion of the galleries will be open to students.
- Farmstead Cafe at OHC is located on the third floor of the History Center if you would like to eat onsite. If you would like to bring sack lunches, the museum offers several locations for students to eat outdoors. If you plan on leaving the Oklahoma History Center for lunch, please return to the museum by 2:15 p.m. for the awards assembly.
- Don’t forget that you will be able to purchase buttons and t-shirts at the state contest. First and second place winners at the state contest will be given a t-shirt to wear at the national contest.