OkNHD State ContestRegistration State Contest Special Awards
2024 Contest Dates
The 2024 OkNHD State Contest will be held in person at the Oklahoma History Center. The junior division contest will be Wednesday, May 1, and the senior division contest will be Thursday, May 2, 2024. Awards are given each day at 2:30 p.m. Following the awards assembly, there will be a short mandatory meeting for students continuing on to the National Contest.
The OkNHD State Contest is generously sponsored by:
- Registration fees are $15 per student, payable by check or purchase order (PO), and must be postmarked by April 20. Payment may be mailed to:
Oklahoma National History Day
Oklahoma History Center
800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
- All students must register separately for group projects.
- Late registrations will incur a $25 late fee in addition to the registration fee.
- If using a PO, please include the PO number where registration asks for your check number.
Contact the OkNHD staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
At the State Contest
- You may pull up to the main entrance to unload. Please unload your items promptly and park. All items should remain on the curb while the vehicle is parked.
- The doors will open for set up at 7:30 a.m.
- Judging will begin at 9 a.m.
- The awards assembly will take place each day at 2:30 p.m. (The time is subject to change depending on the number of student registrations.)
- Following the awards assembly, there will be a short mandatory meeting for students continuing to the National Contest.
- A large portion of the galleries will be open to students.
- If you would like to bring sack lunches, the museum offers several locations for students to eat outdoors. If you plan on leaving the Oklahoma History Center for lunch, please return to the museum by 2:15 p.m. for the awards assembly.
- Don’t forget that you will be able to purchase buttons and t-shirts at the state contest. First and second place winners at the state contest will be given a t-shirt to wear at the national contest.