- This event has passed.
SHPO “Mapping tips for Section 106 reviews” virtual workshop
September 8, 11 a.m.–12 p.m.
On Wednesday, September 8, the State Historic Preservation Office will have an online workshop to teach mapping tips for Section 106 reviews to provide resources useful in illustrating project locations for Section 106 reviews.
This workshop will overview best practices for illustrating project location/area of potential effect (APE) for Section 106 reviews and a brief review of Public Land Survey System (PLSS) legal locations. The content will also include how to calculate latitude and longitude coordinates in decimal degrees, using free and widely available applications.
The workshop will also demonstrate the uses of these resources:
- Use of the interactive map of the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP)
- Determinations of Eligibility (DOE) map
- National Geologic Map Database (NGMDB) project’s TopoView website
- Bureau of Land Management (BLM) General Land Office (GLO) maps
- Current links to these and other helpful map-related resources
All workshops are free and open to the public, however, the SHPO requests that participants register for each session they wish to attend. For more information or to register for classes, please contact Tifani Darata at email@example.com or 405-521-6249.